Football:Scots taken to extra time

- Advertisement -

In blustery conditions at Les Quennevais, the Scots ran into a two-goal lead before the Rovers fought back to force extra time following a last kick of the game equaliser from Marco Vieira.Scottish were two-up inside ten minutes following Paul Aitken’s shot across the face of goal and then Aitken provided the cross for Ross Crick to nod home his 25th goal of the season.In the second half Scott Healey reduced the deficit when he gambled on a punt up field and when the ball bounced over a defender he nipped in to net Rozel’s opener.

Vieira then sent the match into extra-time with his finish in time added on for stoppages.Brown was the difference between the teams in the second period of extra-time.

First he cut in from the right to fire home a left foot shots from ten yards and then cutting in from the left he hit a bottom corner from 20 yards.Rozel manager Jerry O’Shea said: ‘Mark’s goal were well taken, he was the difference between the teams in the end.

I’m disappointed to lose but I was delighted with our performance.’It was so much better than last weekend’s against Sporting Academics.

I told the players before the start night that I wanted a performance in preparation for Saturday’s important league game against Magpies and they certainly produced it.’Goalkeeper Fraser Siddall made some crucial saves to keep us in the game but we had chances too, at least four in the first half I can remember but we didn’t put them away.’Scottish boss Bob Kearsey said: ‘We had enough chances to have won the game before half time but we didn’t take them.

It has turned out very costly as Ross Crick and Ryan Lumsden have both picked up injuries because they had to battle hard when really the game should have been over.’We were sloppy in the second half.

Rozel should never have been in it and we’ve now paid the price with the injuries.’St Ouen returned to the top of Division II, from a game played more, after they defeated St John 4-3 last night at St Ouen.The home side had a fantastic start with two goals inside the opening four minutes, the first fired home in 32 seconds by Scott Quarrell following a quickly throw-in.

Minutes later Ross Marquis added the second when his scuffed shot completely deceived goalkeeper Richard Trott.Just after the hour the home side increased their lead when Rob Sanford headed home against his former club.

Rob Cameron pulled a goal back from 18 yards for the visitors just after half-time only for St Ouen to restore their three-goal cushion within a minute when Eric Guégan sliced a free kick into his own goal.Aaron Travers and Paul Cotillard goals,, both from close range, got St John back to trail 4-3 and St Ouen were denied further scores in the closing ten minutes when Trott save brilliantly from Scott Samson while Quarrell’s 25-yard effort struck the crossbar.St Ouen’s victory lifted them one point ahead of Grouville and four clear of St John, Grouville having a game in hand on both St Ouen and St John.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Latest Stories

- Advertisement -

UK News

Read the latest free supplements

Read the Town Crier, Le Rocher and a whole host of other subjects like mortgage advice, business, cycling, travel and property.