Two crews arrived at the scene shortly after 1 pm and found that the occupants had escaped and a neighbour had extinguished the flames.
The Fire and Rescue Service say that tea-lights were the most likely cause of the blaze. No further information has been released.
In a statement, the service said: ‘While no one was injured the damage to the room involved is fairly significant and it is important that people understand the dangers faced when trying to deal with a fire.
‘The Fire and Rescue Service would advise that when confronted with a significant fire, the best course of action is to get out, get the Fire and Rescue Service out & stay out.’