Forest Green fight back to stun Yeovil; Swindon pip Morecambe

- Advertisement -

Forest Green came from two goals down to snatch a 4-3 victory – their first in the Football League – at home to Yeovil.

Olufela Olomola, on loan from Southampton, continued his impressive start with the opening goal for the Glovers in the ninth minute, tapping in the rebound from Francois Zoko’s saved effort.

Otis Khan doubled Yeovil’s lead from the penalty spot before Christian Doidge reduced the arrears with a neat header.

Zoko headed in to restore the visitors’ two-goal cushion, only for Reece Brown to make it 3-2 before the break.

Charlie Cooper hauled Rovers level early in the second half as his speculative strike was not held by goalkeeper Artur Krysiak and grabbed a winner with 11 minutes left when Omar Bugiel bravely headed home.

A stunning long-range strike from Donal McDermott was enough to give leaders Swindon a 1-0 win at Morecambe, while Reuben Reid scored the only goal of the game as Exeter claimed a 1-0 victory against Lincoln.

A ding-dong battle at Adams Park saw Notts County pegged back to 2-2 before running out 4-2 winners.

Richard Duffy celebrated his 50th Magpies appearance with a headed opener from a corner and Wycombe’s Adam El-Abd could do nothing as Luke O’Nien’s attempted clearance hit him and went in to double the visitors’ lead.

Wycombe pulled a goal back early in the second half when Nick Freeman smashed in a shot off the underside of the crossbar and it was all square after 68 minutes when Joe Jacobson curled in a superb free-kick.

The Chairboys’ fightback was in vain, however, as Jonathan Forte turned the ball in from close range six minutes from time and Lewis Alessandra sealed victory with an emphatic finish.

Luton eased to a 3-0 win against Colchester, with Olly Lee stabbing in the opening goal on the stroke of half-time and James Collins making it two after 52 minutes with a superb curling shot.

Dan Potts sealed a comfortable victory with seven minutes remaining.

Newport were 1-0 winners at Coventry as goalkeeper Liam O’Brien allowed a Reece Cole shot to squirm over the line, while Jabo Ibehre tapped in after Uche Ikpeazu’s initial shot had been saved to give Cambridge a 1-0 victory at Crawley.

Chris Porter scored the only goal as Crewe beat Barnet 1-0 and Billy Kee’s stoppage-time strike earned Accrington a 2-1 win at home to Mansfield after Lee Angol had cancelled out Kayden Jackson’s opener.

Danny Newton’s third goal of the season – a superb piece of skill and tidy finish – set Stevenage on their way to a 3-1 win against 10-man Grimsby, while Tom Miller sealed a convincing 3-0 success for Carlisle against Cheltenham.

Jordan Sinnott scored one goal and made another as Chesterfield eased to a 2-0 win against Port Vale.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Latest Stories

- Advertisement -

UK News

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Read the latest free supplements

Read the Town Crier, Le Rocher and a whole host of other subjects like mortgage advice, business, cycling, travel and property.