Infrastructure Minister Kevin Lewis said he was currently considering the bids for the farmland running alongside Pine Walk in St Martin and that he was due to make a decision on the matter on Friday.
However, he added that the question of whether the land would be sold off at all was still on the table.
The National Trust for Jersey said last month that it had submitted a bid to acquire the three States-owned fields as, although the land is currently subject to strict planning controls that forbid new developments, fears have been expressed that such regulations may not necessarily be so rigidly applied in the future.
Deputy Richard Rondel asked if the minister had considered ‘giving a very long lease to people such as the National Trust who could maintain the land for the public’s benefit’.
‘Everything is being considered at the moment,’ Deputy Lewis replied.
His answer prompted Deputy Rondel to ask: ‘Does he mean he is going to make a decision on the bids or make a decision on whether the land should be sold off?’
‘All options are open,’ the minister replied. ‘The minister is not bound to accept these or any offers.’