Issued by Jersey Met at 09:00UTC Monday , 04 December 2023 for the period ending 12:00UTC Wednesday.
At 06:00UTC low 990mb, sea area Plymouth, expected 1001mb, Netherlands, by midday Tuesday.
At the time of issue there were Gale Warnings in force for Wight, Portland, Plymouth and CI area
Forecast from 12:00UTC Monday to 12:00UTC Tuesday.
- Showers, locally heavy, with the risk of hail and thunder until this evening.
- Variable 2 to 4 in the far northeast of the area at first, otherwise northwest 5 to 7, increasing 6 to gale 8 this afternoon with gusts to 50kt, decreasing 5 to 7 Tuesday morning.
- Good, occasionally moderate to poor.
- Sea State
- Slight to moderate with a low swell, increasing rough to very rough by dusk, decreasing rather rough to rough later.
- Sea Temperature
Outlook from 12:00UTC Tuesday to 12:00UTC Wednesday.
- Occasional showers, becoming isolated overnight.
- Northwest 5 to 6, locally 7 at first, decreasing 3 to 5 Tuesday evening, becoming variable 1 to 3 overnight, then southerly 4 to 5 Wednesday morning, locally 6 later.
- Good, occasionally moderate.
- Sea State
- Rather rough to rough, decreasing slight to moderate Tuesday evening with a low swell, then smooth or slight overnight, locally moderate later.