Fireworks spark roof fire

- Advertisement -

Fire crew were called to the incident shortly after 10.30pm after fireworks had been let off near the building and caused the underfloor insulation in the roof to light.

Two fire engines were sent to the scene and when they arrived a man was dousing the fire in a bid to put it out.

The insulation was taken away from the roof space before being put out.

Crew Commander John Lloyd said: ‘When using fireworks ensure that you have read the instructions carefully prior to use, to have a bucket or two of water nearby, wear eye protection and gloves when lighting fireworks and make sure that they are lit a safe distance away from any property.’

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Latest Stories

- Advertisement -

UK News

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Read the latest free supplements

Read the Town Crier, Le Rocher and a whole host of other subjects like mortgage advice, business, cycling, travel and property.